Key lime pie Recipe
The history of the key lime pie, lemon sweet or lemon dessert is not very clear. The most accurate could be that it is an adaptation of the “Charlotte Russe” a cold dessert made with soletas and Bavarian cream. A dessert made by Marie-Antoine Carême in honor of the wife of Tsar Nicolai I.
Preparation time: 20 minutes.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 150 ml of lemon juice
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 2 packages of “Galletas Marias” cookies
- 1 cup of milk
- Mix the condensed milk, evaporated milk, lemon juice and one third of the grated lemon zest.
- In a baking dish or removable mold place a layer of lemon cream.
- Soak the Marias’ cookies in milk and place a layer of them on top of the lemon cream.
- Repeat this step until the last layer is lemon cream.
- Top the charlotte with remaining lemon zest.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Garnish with lemon slices and mint.
- If desired, you can freeze the dessert to give it a better consistency.
Preparing this dessert is super easy but it will surely bring your whole family together to enjoy it. Remember that the lemon we produce at SiCarFarms is the best.